ICUMuscle gets shreddy

I’m going to be posting my workouts and progress here.

I follow a 6 day training schedule. Push, Pull, Legs.
I’m a night shift icu nurse. I try to find a balance between training and sleep on days I work so I don’t have a scheduled off day.

I tend to train higher volume than most, but I know it works for me. I shoot for the 10-15 rep range with most of my weights. This allows me to focus on full ROM in my lifts, I believe this keeps the joints strong and safe.

I’m in the middle of a cut, I started at 248 lbs and I’m down to 233.

Macros currently:
P:250
F: 100
C: 400

It’s been hard to hit my macros at work so I’ve been losing body fat even with these higher carbs.

I usually walk 30 min incline treadmill at the end of my training.

Today is a Push:
Incline DB: 4x8rotating press + 6 regular
Flat DB: 4x8 rotating press + 6 regular
Incline Fly machine: 4x12
Cable tricep kickbacks: 5x10
Tricep push down: 4x10
DB lateral raise: 4x12
Shoulder press machine 5x12

25 min incline walk

2 Likes

Excellent post I really look forward to following along and watch you continue to grow.

Im guessing that you have been doing this for awhile?

1 Like

I’ve been training this way for the last year specifically, focusing on slow tempo controlled reps and I have seen the most growth yet.

I got serious about my diet and training about 4-5 years ago. I was rotating massing and Maintnence macros the entire time.

I did my first real cut in March and got down to under 10% bf. then really wanted to hit 250lbs which had been my goal for a long time.

Once I hit it I realized how uncomfortable that size was for me and have since decided to try to come back down to the 225-230 range.

1 Like

That’s an amazing goal I look forward to seeing it come true

1 Like

Welcome icumuscle,I take it you work in a ICU?

2 Likes

Yes! My wife and I both do. We’re doing the travel nurse gig right now. Currently working in a heart and lung transplant ICU closer to home so we’re able to commute. I think we will be heading out west at the end of summer for a few months.

2 Likes

That’s great selfless work thank both of you for dealing with 2020

1 Like

Yeah 2020 is a year I think we’d all like to forget. We decided to travel to give us the opportunity to take some time for us in new places, it definitely shifted the perspective on a lot of things for us. Hopefully we won’t have a reboot with any of these “variants”

1 Like

I have been seeing this lately is it legit and could really hit us again?

Missouri is requiring extra vents. They are getting hit hard. It really is possible that it will come back around with a new variant. Unfortunately.

1 Like

Damn that really sucks

1 Like

It does. Hopefully the country won’t lose its damn mind this go around if it happens. Although, I don’t see that as likely.

1 Like

Neither do I honestly lol 2020 was absolutely crazy 2021 has been even crazier I need 2022 to be nice and chill lol

Same. Good gracious same.

1 Like

Its all we can hope for but especially you I imagine that you were working hard as hell

1 Like

Legs in the bat cave

Banded lying leg curl 4x10
Straight leg DL 4x10
Single leg hip thrust 4x8
Belt squat 4x10
Split squat 4x8
Short step lung 2x20
Calves 6x15

Assault bike Tabata

2 Likes

I would like to hear more about this batcave

1 Like

Haha it’s my home gym. I have some pics. Hold please.

1 Like

3 Likes

You gotta better cave than me that’s a really nice setup

I go small but effective it changes into everything I could want just alot of moving and screws to get it in all the different setups

1 Like